2023: NIPR elects new president, vice
Members of the Governing Council of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR), have unanimously elected Dr. Ike Neliaku unopposed as its new President at the end of the Institute’s Annual General Meeting in Abuja.
A communication scholar, Professor Emmanuel Dandaura is also to serve as the Vice President.
The Chairman Electoral Committee, Chief Casca Ogusu made the announcement, on Friday
Spokesperson’s Digest, a publication of PRNigeria reports that the 17 Members of the Governing Council of the Institute were earlier elected by registered members at the AGM of the institute
The Institute is run by a 22-member Governing Council made up of 17 elected members and 5 nominees of the Federal Government.
The President and Vice President, who double as Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Governing Council are to serve for a tenure of two years.
The major contenders for the Presidency of the institute were Dr. Ike Neliaku of FCT Chapter and Mrs. Nkechi Ali-Balogun of Lagos Chapter Chairman who could not make it to the council.
In his acceptance speech, Neliaku said the new council members would use the NIPR platform to chart a new path for the institute, and also re-invent Nigeria.
He said: “Our profession needs a new dimension. We’ll make sure PR is practiced by PR Professionals. We won’t allow our ‘break fast’ to be taken by people that are not trained.
“We’ll take the issue of compliance and enforcement seriously, reinvent our profession for the purpose and the value of the nation.
“Countries that understand the value of Public Relations always excel, so therefore we are going to rebrand Nigeria.
“As we have our colleague as Minister of Information, who understands strategic communications. We’ll work with him to generate new ideas with the support of my team.
“I want to assure that with our collective efforts, we can rewrite, reinvent, and review our profession for better in this new dawn,” he concluded.
Results of the NIPR Election on 24th August 2023
Elected 17 Council Members
- Dr SuleYau Sule-868 void 20
- Ini Ememobong Essien-867 void 3
- Dr Ike Neliaku-830 void 10
- Bashir Adamu Chedi-815 void 18
- Dr Adewale Oladipo Oyekanmi-811 void 23
- Okoh Thelma Chika-808 void 22
- Kabir Ali Kobi-795 void 3
- Adaramola Temitope-788 void 13
Professor Kate Azuga Ominuga-753 void 11
- Dr Saidat Salah Abdulnaqi-713 void 27
- Prof Emmanuel Dandaura-695 void 16
- Professor Sarah Benjamin Luwahas-673 void 10
- Prince Ford Ozumba-656 void 6
- Pastor Paulinus Eyinda Nsirim-648 void 2
- Olubunmi Adedoyin Badejo-630 void 12
- Akin Agbejule-612 void 25.
- Bajulaye Adetokunbo-593 void 23
- Yakubu Gomos-584 void 3
- Charles Aniagu-485 void 14.
- Sajoh Ahmad Ibrahim -390 void 7
- Nkechi Ali-Balogun-375 void 11
- Aliyu Umar Aliyu-314 void 13.
- Hogan Eyo Bassey-305 void 6
- Afolabi Olajuwon-288 void 9.
- Lamidi Ishola Kamarudeen- 288 void 8
- Sunday Adelabu Adeyemi Adejorin-239 void 7
- Samuel Tobih Oseluka-233 void 3
- Princely Kingsley Ngunu-208 void