Police arrest 13 suspects over attack on Senator Barau Jibrin’s campaign office in Kano
Kano Police Command have arrested suspected hoodlums that set ablaze Senator Barau Jibrin’s campaign office in Kano, Senator representing Kano North Senatorial District along Maiduguri road in the metropolis.
Solacebase reports that suspected hoodlums in hundreds on Thursday destroyed and set ablaze the campaign office of Senator Barau Jibrin and later attacked some residents.
A statement issued by the police spokesman, DSP Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa confirmed the arrest of the suspects, on Thursday while parading them.
FULL TEXT OF THE PRESS RELEASE
13 SUSPECTED THUGS (‘YAN DABA) ARRESTED AS LARGE QUANTITY OF DANGEROUS WEAPONS AND ILLICIT DRUGS ARE RECOVERED
Today, 02/12/2021 at about 0800hrs, a report was received that, thugs (Yan Daba) carrying dangerous weapons were sighted attacking and vandalizing the office of Senator Barau Jibrin, Senator representing Kano North Senatorial District along Maiduguri Road Kano.
- On the receipt of the report, the Commissioner of Police, Kano State Command, CP Sama’ila Shu’aibu Dikko, fsi raised and instructed teams of Operation Puff Adder to move to the scene, restore normalcy and arrest the culprits.
- The teams immediately swung in to action. Thirteen (13) suspected thugs (Yan Daba) were arrested and the following exhibits recovered from them.
- 34 Dangerous Weapons
- 23 Clubs (Gora)
iii. 2 Gallons of Suspected PMS (Petrol)
- 1 Parcel and 30 Pieces of Dried Leaves Suspected to be Indian Hemp
- 24 Sachets of Diazapam Tablets
- 4 Pieces of Red Sun Solution
vii. 1 Mobile Phone
viii. 2 Ceiling Fans
- Bunch of Charms.
Normalcy was immediately restored and situation under control. Investigation has commenced and suspects will be charged to court for prosecution.
- The Commissioner of Police, Kano State Command, CP Sama’ila Shu’aibu Dikko, fsi warns that, criminals will have no hiding place in Kano State. They are advice to either repent or leave the State completely. Otherwise, they will be arrested and face the full wrath of Law. He thanked the good people of Kano State for their prayers, encouragement, continuous support and cooperation. He urged residents to pray for the State, the Nation and report incidences to the nearest Police Station and not to take laws into their hands. Rigorous patrol and raids of criminal hideouts and black spots will continue throughout the State, as the Command will sustain the ongoing “Operation Puff Adder”.
In case of emergencies, the Command can be contacted via; 08032419754, 08123821575, 08076091271 or log into the “NPF Rescue Me” Application available on Play Store.
DSP ABDULLAHI HARUNA KIYAWA, ANIPR,
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
FOR:- COMMISSIONER OF POLICE, KANO STATE COMMAND.